Friday 3 June 2011

Oh, no! Not me as well!

Before the bandwagon had a chance to get out of town I thought I'd best jump on it right quick, so here's my own blog... til I get bored anyhow.

I hope to post the odd mix (emphasis on odd, probably) of musing, amusing and just plain confusing stuff. Well, tis my blog so I can write what I like.

Missed the ascension day service yesterday (bummer, eh?!), so I thought I'd post my own list of possible "hymn" choices that really ought to have been played (but probably weren't):

"Learn to Fly" (Foo Fighters)
"The only way is up" (Yazz)
"Spirit in the sky" (um, um, who was it? can't be bothered to google it...)
"Letter from America" (Proclaimers - yes it is relevant, check the first line)
"Going up up up" (most of NCFC fans for the past goodness knows how long...)

Any other suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Mother Superior10 June 2011 at 13:43

    Hi,
    I can supply the name for 'Spirit in the sky' as Norman Greebaum. Those of us of a mature disposition will remember it danced superbly by Pans People. How come a German (sounding) name eluded such a great linguist as yourself? And no, I didn't 'google' it. My memory for the present may be dodgy but the recall for the past is more reliable!

    ReplyDelete